'87 Golf Heater almost deadŠŠbrrrrrrrrŠ

wouldnt you know it? my heater fan has gone, well it starts for awhile then it makes a tinkling sound and then stops? oh some heat comes out the front vents but NOT ENOUGH in Toronto in January!!

I am guessing I can get a replacement either from a scrap place or new from a dealer but I am wondering if I have to take the main dash out to do the job?

any advice would of course be welcome also Iam wondering if I can do an upgrade while I'm at it and put in an Audi fan or something else more powerful which would warm up the car faster?!!

thanks for the thought!

Michael

Reply to
mkl

thanks for the insight so far?

I am sure the problem isnt leaves or debris?under the hood?

the resistor pack is where? -sorry to be this dumb­8)

I get a tinkling sound after a few minutes of the heater fan running this has happened a few times and happens about the same time after its been running-the tinkling sound is metallic and sounds like something rotating - when I hear the tinkling sound and try to change the speed of the fan it doesnt speed up or slow down it just tinkles?8) I am not sure but if I leave the car for a while turned off and go back to it and try it again the fan works -but as uusualonly for awhile I will verify this as I go along but not conclusive as of today-

Reply to
mkl