88 16v scirocco: will i kill my power steering pump if i run it dry?

88 16v scirocco

I have a leaking steering rack and all the fluid leaked out. i've been driving dry for the past few weeks. will i kill the PS pump if i drive dry?

Reply to
dave

If you haven't already you will soon. That fluid does double duty in providing movement assist as well as lubricating itself.

Reply to
wkearney99