Primera noisy power steering pump

Hi folks I have a 1999 Primera P11 that I picked up three weeks ago but the power steering pump has started to get rather noisy. The reservoir was a little low when I first got it so I topped it up but in two weeks it has dropped again. I can't see any obvious leaks although it's not in the easiest place to get too. It's not leaking out of the ends of the steering rack around the rubber gaitors so where else could it go? If the power steering pump is terminal any ideas how much I'm looking at for a replacement? I know if it's the steering rack then it's about 400 quid just for the rack so pray for me all!! Regards

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth Watkins

There's a couple of s/h Primera ones on eBay. Might be worth a punt at the price. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G