Headlight lenses, 95 Passat

The lenses on my Passat are getting kind of yellow and dull, and it is affecting the light output somewhat. Is there a way to polish and/or
improve this?
Ron/Champ 6
1963 8E5 Champ (Champ 6) 1962 Lark Daytona Convertible (Boomerang) 1995 VW Passat (Vanilla..yuk) 1994 Volvo 850 (Tilley)

Plastic right? Can you scratch off some of the yellow with your fingernail? If so, you can probably polish them. I'd say just use a regular car polish (not wax).
Better off getting a polish that is actually meant for plastic. I've tried PlastX on my 99.5 Golf and it made the badly hazed jewel-type lenses looks almost as good as our 2003 Golf's (mine have a few more stone chips, naturally).

fingernail?
polish
Thanks all. I also got a tip from a friend to get polish for motorcycle windscreens, since they are polycarbonate also.
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:53:56 -0400, "Rob Guenther"

Ron/Champ 6
1963 8E5 Champ (Champ 6) 1962 Lark Daytona Convertible (Boomerang) 1995 VW Passat (Vanilla..yuk) 1994 Volvo 850 (Tilley)
That and a buffing attachment might work really, really well, just tape around the hood so you don't scuff the paint.

is

around the hood so you don't scuff the paint.
Or just open the hood and it'll be nowhere near where you're working. :)