89 Jetta heater core

I posted earlier about a possible open recall on my Jetta's heater core. The dealer shows no open recalls. So I'm looking to replace it myself.

I have Alldata, but am looking for some been-there-done-that advice. Any tricks to making this a smooth job? Does the A/C absolutely have to be discharged?

Thanks! Paul 89 Jetta GL

Reply to
Simplstupd

-mail me and I can send you the procedure.

Reply to
Woodchuck

I guess you already got in touch with Woodchuck about this, but my borther replaced the heater core in his '87 GTi a few years back. He did not have to touch the A/C evaporator or related plumbing.

Reply to
Randolph