How to replace my heater core on a 89 ford Mustang

I need step by step instructions on replacing my heater core on a 89 Ford Mustang 5.0 with AC Does anyone of pics of this procedure as well?

thanks

Pat

Reply to
pat lenahan

i did it to a 83 with a 3.8 V-6 engine and if you have a/c in the car it was a 2 day job for me with the Helm shop manuals( i had all the books), for a trained mechanic in a shop the book time on the heater core change is a 6 hr. job.. pain in the A$$ to change out.... if you car did not come with a/c then the shortcut was that there is a panel behind the glove box, that has to come out and then just remove the heater hoses from under the hood and pull it out,,, but if it has a/c then you got to do alot of things.... i followed the book up to the point of removing the a/c lines( i did not want to as the a/c was working fine in the car and i had followed all of the other directions and just pulled the plastci heater box open and forced it like this and held it open with a short piece of 2 X 4 board and pulled out the heater core and put the new one in and pushed the heater box back in place and put the hosed under the hood back in.. know how old the car was and where the core is located i should have just cut open the plastic heater box with a dremel cut off tool and pulled the core out from there and later would have put the duct tape on the heater box to patch it up.... you might want to do this to save the headache of going through the complete proceedure.. if you plan on doing it you might consider getting the helm manuals for your car???

jim

Try this link

Claud

pat lenahan wrote: