90 jetta diesel glow plug light flashing

Hey I was wondering if anyone ever had this problem, my jetta has the glow plug light flashing I red the owners manual and it said to drain the water separator tank I did that and its still flashing any ideas. Thanks

Reply to
catman

Probably water in your diesel fuel water separator. Drain is located right in front of right ear wheel.

Later

Reply to
Jimmie

Yep, you also have to drain the fuel filter and then add more fuel to the filter after the drain.

Sometimes you wait too long and the filter gets contaminated with water.

Reply to
Peter Parker