92 gti bolt pattern compatible?

i'm looking to buy some winter rims/tires for my 92 gti 16v. can someone tell me if these rims will fit my car?

here are some charts that i've found. so it looks like any year civic

4x100 bolt pattern is good to go, but there are some other numbers that i'm not sure about (56.1 vs 57.1, 1.5 vs 1.5b)? any help would be appreciated.

for honda:

and for volkswagen
thanks, phil

Reply to
PBo

The 1.5 is part of the lug nut/bolt thread specification. For exampe: 12mmx1.5 means a 12mm diameter bolt/stud with a 1.5mm pitch (distance between each thread).

The 56.1 and 57.1 is the diameter of the center hole in the wheel in millimeters. That site uses "CB" which stands for the center bore of the wheel. VW 4x100 wheels have a 57.1mm hole in the wheel which fits over the 57.0mm hub. Honda 4x100 wheels have a 56.1mm hole which fits over their 56.0mm hub. DO NOT put a Honda wheel with a 56.1mm hole on a VW with a

57mm hub! If you're lucky, the wheel won't fit. I've heard of at least one unlucky guy that managed to put Honda wheels on a VW. They barely fit over the hub, and when he tightened down the lug bolts the wheels press-fit themselves onto the hub. Later when he took the lug bolts off, the wheels where thoroughly stuck to the hubs. Mega pain-in-the-butt to get them off.

Also, that site doesn't give the wheel offset for each model. Offset is the distance from the centerline of the wheel to the hub mounting surface. That tells you how far inward the wheel extends. If you use wheels with too much more offset than stock, you may run into problems with the wheels hitting the suspension.

Bottom line, use proper wheels meant for a VW.

Todd Seattle,WA '86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 261,000 miles '87 Golf, Polar Silver. (boring work car) 541,000 miles

Reply to
racertod