92 Jetta EcoDiesel Fast idle after oil change

OK, I know the oil change has nothing to do with it but, ever since my 201,500 mile oil change, I noticed my car seems to be running a bit louder then normal and without a doubt the idle speed has definatley increased. Does anyone have a diagnosis or possibly a cure for this??? And no, I did not leave the cold start timing advance on. As a matter of fact I barely use it and when I tried it today it really increased the idle speed!! Thanks for your help! If it is just a matter of decreasing the idle, is that a difficult job? If not, how do I go about doing it?

Reply to
AlanH70

If you think it's something that happened when you changed the oil then check the gas (ha ha) cable going to the pump. It should have a small amount of play. It's adjusted by moving a clip on the cable. Or check it for proper seating and operation. As far as adjusting the idel get a bently for your car. There's a procedure that needes to be followed or you'll mess it up.

Joe R

Reply to
Joe R