94 Jetta GL clock losing time?

Hello -

I just noticed in my '94 Jetta GL this week that the clock goes back to

12:00 when I start it in the morning. I tested the battery and it's fine. Is this an alternator problem? Is there anything else that could be causing this?

Thanks...

Reply to
Natalia

Sounds like a marginal battery to be. Something is causing a voltage drop that's large enough to kill the clock when you engage the starter motor. Soon it won't be enough to run the engine computer.

nate

Reply to
Nathan Nagel