'95 Golf GL rev limiter????

Hi all, Just got my wife a new ( old) car. When I take it on the highway and drive "aggresively" I noted that every time the revs approached red line they seemed limited in the sense that any further application on the gas pedal would result in no increase in revs. Is this a function of a vw, or happenstance?

Reply to
bob

The second I hit 6500 rpm on my 1991 Golf, which is the redline (well its already at red/black/red/black/red at this point for 500rpm) the engine mechanically or electronically limits the RPM. My parents Volvo does this too at 6000 rpm....... that engine could probably spin to over 7000 rpm easily, its perfectly smooth at 6000 (inline 6) and the car seems to want to push for more.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Reply to
Woodchuck