95 Jetta substitute plug wires?????

Hey guys, just found this forum and it looks great. My question is, does anyone know of any substitute replacement plug wires for the 95 Jetta. I haven't even checked the dealer price.. but the after market price is

100.00. Seems kinda step for a bunch of wires. You would think at some point the "price shock" on VW parts would not bother me so bad. Afterall this is the 4th VW I've owned, 78 Beetle, 85 Rabbit, 87 Jetta, now the 95. I do love VW's even if the parts are outrageous. Thanks, Tony
Reply to
IWishIknew

I've seen prices of about $65 on up for the aftermarket wires for an A2 1.8

8V and I believe the 4-cylinder A3 Golf/Jetta wires are the same. Had an aftermarket set come apart on me though when I was removing my plugs one time (and the wires weren't that old). Since then I've just gotten them from the dealer...I think in the high $80s.
Reply to
Matt B.

Thanks for the reply Matt. Maybe I need to check another aftermarket source... mine quoted me at 89.99. I will also check the deaer.... 89 for aftermarket that come apart or 80 for factory... hmmmm, not a hard decision there.

Reply to
IWishIknew

Thanks for the reply Matt. Maybe I need to check another aftermarket source... mine quoted me at 89.99. I will also check the deaer.... 89 for aftermarket that come apart or 80 for factory... hmmmm, not a hard decision there.

Reply to
IWishIknew

Hmmmm, can someone tell me how my reply got posted as a duplicate.. twenty minutes apart?

Reply to
IWishIknew

Right now

(reallly good folks) is running a special on a 2.0 tuneup kit that includes new plug wires, Bosch cap and rotor and four Bosch FR8DS plugs. See here:

and look at their actual site:

where they list both the OEM set for $80.33 and what they call a good economy set for $48.25.

Reply to
William Maslin

and I would agree that it is a good price ($99) for the plugs, wires, cap and rotor! good looking out William! :-)

dave