98 Jetta Cold Running Problem

I'm having a problem that my Jetta, it won't stay running when I cold start it. I have to keep giving it gas or it will stall. Engine light is off and I'm getting no error codes. Any ideas where to start. The battery had been disconnected recently if that matters.

Reply to
antonr01

Just some light reading that you should do. ;-) Sounds like maybe a throttle body adaptation or alignment will solve your problems. There might be a procedure for doing the adaptation without a specialized tool.

Reply to
One out of many daves