99 cabrio repair cost question

Hello everyone... I am new to this group, so if this is inapropriate I apologize!

I was just wondering if anyone knows how much I can expect to pay to get the exhaust head pipe replaced in my 99 volks cabrio. My mechanic wants $430 USD plus labor. is this fair? what shoudl I expect to pay for this part?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Jetta99gls

The cheapest I can find that pipe is $249 USD.

$430 is probably full list price and then you need gaskets.

How much labor? It could be a real pain, especially if the studs are bad. They can easily break and then you are in for a much bigger bill.

Reply to
Dave

Thanks for the heads up! I think he wanted 2 hours of labor... This price will help with my negotiations!

Many thanks!

Dave wrote:

Reply to
Jetta99gls