99 Passat GLX V6-No lights, turn signals, wipers & brake light indicator stuck on

I recently experienced a problem where the following items stopped working simultaneously: headlights (low & fog), turn signals, windshield wipers.

Also, my "brake" indicator light on the dash (like your emergency brake is on) stayed lit with emergency brake off. The high beams would still work.

The problem started at night after car was running for 30 minutes. I parked the car overnight (7 hours) The following morning the problem was still present. After driving for about an hour the problem went away; everything started working. All fuses checked okay.

The same thing happened about four months ago.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

Remove anti-spamming "-xyz" for email reply

Reply to
Craig Bender

I think everyone would say that your ign. switch is bad. not sure of that though! :-) good luck, dave

Reply to
Dave

Yup, it sounds like the ignition switch. Had the same thing go on an Audi of mine.

Reply to
quattroA4cars

Could it be the load reduction relay? See if the same circuits are disabled when you are starting the engine.

Reply to
William Maslin