how happy are you with your VW repair center

Hello all! I live in Houston TX and all I cna say is that far I am very disappointed by the factory service. I've been to 3 different VW dealers for repair and the quality of the service has been despicable. I have been treated much better at Nissan, Ford and Saturn where I had my previous vehicle purchases. I wonder if it is just "southern hospitality" or all VW dealers are the same?

Reply to
spiralingcrazies

Is this for items covered by warrantee or are you paying for them?

In my opinion it is almost always more costly and seldom better to use a dealer for service that is not being paid for as part of the warrantee. This applies to all makes and dealers.

It is NEVER necessary to have regular service performed at a dealer to maintain your warrantee.

Forgive me if you already know this and it does not apply to you, but it seems many people are not aware of this.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I'm in the Twin Cities in Minnesota. I purchased my car from Burnsville VW. I've had all my service there and been very pleased with the quality of work, timeliness, and the customer experience. I've checked around and they are typically a good bit less expensive than other dealers in the area. I had one maintenance service done at Countryside VW. Didn't like the experience very much.

Reply to
TL

Autohaus Georgetown has been TOP NOTCH for service. For big jobs they have reduced parts prices for me, they do quality work, no issues with things not being done right. And my car is back when they say it will be back, or before.

Same goes for McMillan and Saunders Volvo of Missisauga, my dad takes our

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Reply to
Darryl

What about the dealer service experience rating? If you basically give your customer service advisor less than 5 (the highest performance score) next time you go in they will dog the living hell out of you! I basically was told I'll get some things from my salesperson (emergency kit) for free which I didn't get, also was promised a clean washed and detailed car with sparkling new floormats (someone had stepped on mine with dirty shoes) and when he didn't deliver and I wasted an extra hour at the dealership waiting I gave him a 3 out of

  1. Next thing I know is he is calling me and asking me why I gave him such a bad grade on the VW phone satisfaction survey... On another occasion I had a door than needed to be adjusted as it was sagging a little bit (small and easy hinge adjustment that any moron can do). The inept dealership mechanics basically went in and bent it and couldn't fix it after three visits!!!! Even the store manager had the audacity to say that the car had been in an accident!!! I told him that it was - the accident was that I took it to his shop! Then they sent me to an independent body where a non-english speaking mechanic fixed it in under 10 minutes!!!! Then everyone at the dealerships is really pissed at me for giving them a rating of 2 out of 5!!!!! That is just ridiculous!
Reply to
spiralingcrazies

It is in my previous post:

On another occasion I had a door than needed to be adjusted as it was sagging a little bit (small and easy hinge adjustment that any moron can do). The inept dealership mechanics basically went in and bent it and couldn't fix it after three visits!!!! Even the store manager had the audacity to say that the car had been in an accident!!! I told him that it was - the accident was that I took it to his shop! Then they sent me to an independent body (shop) where a non-english speaking mechanic fixed it in under 10 minutes!!!!

I can actually go on and on. My window clip replacements - the mechanic left huge grease stains on my upholstery...ok they cleaned that...

On replacing a peeling door handle they put the plastic with the knobs for window up/down badly - now the window down button sticks when pressed all the way down....

Just minor stuff but the bent door was the most unnerving experience so far. It makes me wonder if they are so sloppy on minor repair jobs how bad they will be on the big stuff?

Reply to
spiralingcrazies