A1 oil dummy light

I drive an 82 vw cis pickup. My oil light is on whenever the key is on. I installed a mechanical oil guage which reads OK. I did replace the sensor on the engine head. No change. What do you think?

Reply to
thateb

Open/short in wiring between sending unit and gage?

Reply to
sehaare

What about the sender on the oil filter mount? I believe there are two senders. There's also a circuit board in the gauge cluster that may be bad.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Reply to
sehaare

You may be right, the earliest I have really worked on was an '84 but I thought it predated my car by a couple years.

nate

sehaare wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Reply to
thateb

i'd look for a short in the woring, or damage to the pcb on the back of the instrument cluster.

Reply to
Nathan Lucas

One of the switches is NO and one is NC. I can't find my late A1 Bentley right now but I do believe that one wire should be grounded to make the buzzer shut up and I can't remember which one it is. IIRC one of the sensors checks for very low pressure and one checks for sort-of low pressure above a certain RPM (the oil pressure warning control unit

- built into the instrument panel - takes care of checking the RPM.)

I did find a Haynes with the wiring diagrams on my bookshelf and it confirms that the '82 pickup should have the dynamic oil pressure monitoring system but it does not give me the specifics that will help you troubleshoot this problem...

nate

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel