A2 Jetta DRL retrofit

Any ideas for adding Daytime Running Lights to a

1990 Jetta? I ordered LED amber ones... they're kinda dim and red and can't be positioned in as good a place as the headlights.

I was hoping to change the wiring at the headlight switch to trade parking lights and low beam headlights. Looked at current flow diagrams in Bentley...didn't help.

Ideally there would be a kit where one could drill a hole into the reflector, plug a 20-30 watt light in and wire it up to a switch. White or warm white LED's would be great.

Also preferably the parking lights wouldn't be on.

thanks, Irv

Reply to
IR

Between Bentley and my continuity tester I narrowed it down to a couple possibilities. 1st guess did it. In the middle of the switch theres a parallel pair of wires. One is the heaviest gauge wire on there (next heavy is the red Hot). Connect this pair and it's headlights only, no perifery. And only works with the engine...perfect.

Drilled a hole in the fake switch above, popped in a toggle and presto.

thanks anyway, IRv

Reply to
IR