A2 odometer

I am new to A2's although very familiar with pre 85 VW's of every sort.... Anyway what is the track record of A2 odometers? Mine currently works and is at 131K.

Paul '82 Vanagon GL non working odometer '89 Jetta GL

Reply to
Simplstupd

Funny you should mention it ... I just updated the .sig.....

-+-

kelly

'86 Jetta GLI 299K and counting....

Reply to
Kelly Humphries

They can be rolled back quite easily. ;)

Reply to
Darryl

A friend of mine warned me that the A2 odometers usually give out at around 120 - 150k miles. He was right, mine started slowing down at about 150k. Good thing is it is fairly easy to fix.

Simplstupd wrote:

Reply to
Randolph

mine's working fine although the trip one has jammed a few times.

Reply to
Matt B.

85 Jetta TD, replaced original Speedo - because of broken odometer - with a new one in 1990 at about 65 000km, odometer of replacement still working at 430 000km.

Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Braune

On my long-departed '85 Jetta, it became very tempramental at ~125K -- it would stop working for a few days if I was foolish enough to reset the trip odometer. Finally stopped altogether at indicated 145K (estimated to be closer to 160K at the time).

Reply to
Champion