Advice for newbie on Vanagon repair costs

Hi all,

I'm considering restoring a 1981 Vanagon. I think I found one that needs a new engine, exhaust system and brakes. Is there any way to ball park these costs? I'm trying to determine if I can afford to take on this endeavor. Thanks for any input!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Stewart

restoring, whatever you think it's going to cost then take that times 3 or

5!
Reply to
Woodchuck