Weight of a Dana 44?

Hi all, I'm considering shipping the rear axle from the Willys cross country. It's a Dana 44 from the rear of a 59 Willys Wagon w. stock 4.27 gears and the stock brakes intact. I will obviously be yanking the wheels off it since they're just old beaters anyway.

Any idea what this thing weighs? I'm not near anyplace that I can just drop it on a scale, but I'm guessing in the ball park of 200# just to get an idea of shipping rates. Anyone else ever ship a complete rear axle w/ brakes on it? What did it weigh?

Cheers, - Jeff G

Reply to
Bubba Kahuna (only 1 'J' in my address)