AFTERMARKET 2.0 IGN. COILS WARNING

Found another bad one (HUGO brand IIRC) on a 1996 Jetta auto yesterday and it does not look old and weathered. It will spark and even get spark to the plugs but the spark is just too weak. I must have found 3-4 different brands that just don't last long. I ONLY purchase these from the dealer!!! Owner did not want to spend another $0.10 on her car so she sold it to me for $300. I even got it running at her house. I told her to fix it up and sell it for more but she declined and wanted the money to sink on another used vehicle. I did not want it but I could not refuse the offer. After another ign. coil was installed and some tweaking the little Jetta is running fine. This is the first time I have found a burnt out bulb for the MIL light too!

Now I have to sell it! ;-)

145K miles, manual windows, no sunroof, 4 doors, white in color, rust in various spots along with some dents, but good exhaust, trans, no DTCs now, dual airbags, and a crummy Sony radio. 2 new tires and 2 worn out tires.

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1