97 jetta wheel noise

I have a 97 Jetta that has recently started making noises. When I turn the wheel slightly to the left, there is a loud grinding noise that comes from the drivers side of the car. When I turn the wheel more to the left the noise goes away, and it does not make any noise when turned to the right. I had both front wheel bearings replaced about

20,000 miles ago and have never replaced the CV axles. If anyone has any insight into what it could be I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Kristi

Reply to
kristi_bacardi

if it's a growling noise, then the wheel brg job was not done correctly. CV's 99% of the time make a clicking noise.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck