Another horror story from Flow VW in Winston-Salem NC

Hi folks. I just thought I would share this oil change nightmare that I experienced at Flow VW in Winston-Salem NC.

I have a 2002 VW Passat wagon with a 1.8T engine. Yesterday I took the car in for an oil change and also to replace a gas tank shield as part of a recall issued by VWA.

After I got home I open the hood to check in the bay. I noticed that there was motor oil all over the engine bay just like it had been sprayed with a hose. I pulled the dipstick out and realized that they had overfilled the engine by about 1 1/2 quarts of oil. The engine level was about 1 inck above the full mark. I went back to the dealer; thankfully I leave only about 2 miles from the dealer. After I got there I complained to the manager and they proceeded to remove the excess oil from the engine. After doing so, the mechanic which looked as he had just finished high school proceeded to hose down the engine bay with a hose in order to clean the engine bay. Anybody with one inch of brain knows that you should never use water on a super hot engine. They offered to give me the next oil change for free but I don't think that I will be going back.

In another situation they scraped one of the alloy wheels and damaged a tire while they were lifting the car on a ramp. They replaced them out of their pocket (About $500 for the wheel and tire)

On another time the I was looking at one of the mechanics doing some repair work and he slams the hood just to realize that he had left a screwdriver inside. Needless to say the hood bounces back and I inmediately thought thet it had left a ding. Fortunately nothing happened. This morons charge $81 an hour for labor an $29 for an oil change and the shop is filed with about 3 or 4 so called service advisors that don't know what the hell they are talking about. I really wish that we had a good honest independent repair shop in the area. If anyone knows of a good shop in the triad of North Carolina please let me know. Please beware of the stealerships. Peace. Fred

Reply to
graycat