ATF in PS Reservoir

I added about a 1/4 cup of Mercon V ATF to my PS reservoir.

Immediately realizing my mistake, I siphoned out all of the PS fluid and ATF in the reservoir and refilled it with PS fluid, I then siphoned out all of the fluid again and refilled it a second time with PS fluid, I then siphoned it one last time and refilled it again.

Is there anything else I should do or am I good to go?

Thanks!

Joe

Reply to
Joe Colella

Well you should let us know what car you're talking about because in fact some vw's use ATF fluid as power assist steering fluid.

-DruG

Reply to
DruG

Actually a lot of vehicles use Dex ATF for power steering. My mother has a Lexus and the local tire place told her that her power steering was old and needed to be replaced. :-) Some people don't realize that it's supposed to be red. :)

Reply to
Peter Parker