ATF in PS Reservoir

I added about a 1/4 cup of Mercon V ATF to my PS reservoir.

Immediately realizing my mistake, I siphoned out all of the PS fluid and ATF in the reservoir and refilled it with PS fluid, I then siphoned out all of the fluid again and refilled it a second time with PS fluid, I then siphoned it one last time and refilled it again.

Is there anything else I should do or am I good to go?

Thanks!

Joe

Reply to
Joe Colella

ATF works perfectly in the power steering pump. That's what everyone I know uses.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I used Type-A back in Mopar Power Steering units when it was available, switched to Dexron and have even, in a pinch, used 10W-30.

When I worked on heavy equipment many years ago, I put a gallon of Dexron or Type-A in every 5 gallons of hydraulic oil and the seals and packings on the lift/tilt/steering cylinders of those forklifts lasted longer, not to mention it made the job of deciding what kind of fluid was on the floor much easier.

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Yes, don't let Dan C this post :-)

Power Steering Fluid and ATF is very similar except one is colored red and prone to more foaming /air.

Relax, You are Good to Go. -J

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com

Just don't make similar mistakes with the brake fluid reservoir!!

Reply to
Dave Lee