Bee-sting aerial on Mk3 Golf

Are these easy to replace? Mines crumbling to bits!

-- S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t

Reply to
Signal

The whip is very easy to replace. I guess you must be referring to the base.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

Yes.. it's the base that needs replacing.

-- S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t

Reply to
Signal

I did this on my Mk2 (not Mk3 but shouldn't be that different. You basically have to remove the headliner to get in there, undo a nut on the antenna base, lift antenna up, swap the seal for a new one, reinstall. So start looking at what holds in the headliner (snaps, trim pieces, etc.).

Reply to
Matt B.