Brake light always on and headlights go on and off intermittently on bumps

My brake light stays on always and the headlight goes on and off, apparently when I hit a bump in the road. Any suggestions?????

Reply to
jstaubin

Defective wiring (shorts, frayed insulation, broken wires, etc.) and/or loose connections. You'll just have to trace it out, and you will probably find multiple defects.

Reply to
Papa

replace the brake light switch!

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

Take your foot of the brake and stop messing with the light switch. If that doesn't do the trick you might need to give some more information.

Reply to
Baudolino

I think he is talking about his brake light in the dash and this vehicle has DTR lights. I suspect that the hand brake switch is causing both problems. Either the hand brake is not fully down or it's switch/wiring is defective. Once you fix this it should solve both problems. Try driving around while pushing the handbrake lever in the fully released position.

Of course I could be wrong, so please post what problem(s) you find!

JMHO later, dave (One out of many daves)

dave AKA vwdoc1