2000Jet Turn Signals GONE

re: 2000 Jetta 4cl Does anyone know if the turn signals - which work occasionally so its not the bulbs and not a fuse - are covered under the 10yr/10,000mile warranty? We're original owners (and emergency flashers don't work either).

Also, any thoughts on timing belts - am hearing rumblings that they need to be changed at 50k, but are they also covered 10/10?

Asking because my dealer is horrible to deal with (and charges $40 to walk in the door) and you know what Volks USA is like...

Thanks in advance for any info.

Reply to
fordaveb

There was a recall on the flasher, I know 2001 is covered under the recall, might want to check is 2000 is also covered. The dealer will replace the flasher at no charge.

The 10 yr/ 10,000 mile warranty is for power train ... as in engine and transmission ... not bumper to bumper.

Timing belts are not warranty items, they are wear items and replacement is at your expense. You might want to check your owner's manual for the mileage when it's due for replacement (I'll give you a hint - it's not 50,000 miles).

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer