Cabrio Door lock w/key not working.... Could it be wiring or fuse?

Just yesterday the drivers side door lock on my 99' Cabrio stopped working when you use the key. I used the original key with the button on it- the one that opens the windows, and it wouldn't work. It did open the windows, so I just pulled up the lock manually. There was a weird feeling like something in the door had disengaged, there is no resistance turning the key itself, it just seems like whatever that you normally feel happening inside, the slight ressistance is gone. I got to compare the feeling by using the key in the passenger side, which still works normally. So, I'm climbing over my stick shift to get in, and running round to the passenger side to lock (it still does lock both from that side). When I lock the car from the passenger side, it does seem to turn on the alarm too. I am wondering if there is anything simple i can check out. I really don't have the money right now to put into fixing it, and would appreciate any advice that could prevent me from getting ripped off. I just got this door installed last summer, as a truck ripped off the old one, and it was a used door. So I guess it could be the connections between the body and the door as well. Any idea what this could/ should run me, or anything i could do easily myself? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
bettyellen