Cant get 93 jetta rear rotors off

I need to replace my rear rotors and brakes but I cant get the calibur mount off, and there are no bolts to remove them, other then two in the back that are cirle. So no teeth on them to turn. How can i get them off.

Reply to
hgxsilver

They use an allen wrench - those "circles" have an internal six-sided hex.

Kevin Rhodes

Reply to
Kevin Rhodes

yea i just checked it over and isee.....but they are really rusted up and worn...

Reply to
hgxsilver

Here is what I did.

Use a socket-type hex wrench and use an extension to reach out to where you can use a hammer to get the hex wrench inserted thru the rust. Grab the outside of the screw with a Vicegrip pliers. Combine ratchet torque with torque from the Vicegrip.

Hex wrench is metric; forget if it was 7 mm or what on my car.

Consider replacing parking brake cables if you have had any freezing up of the parking brake. I would also replace if the boots are not intact and you have deep-freeze weather.

Reply to
Tom's VR6