changed my brakes

I changed the front pads on my 90 Fox, and never having done this before, got quite an experience. Despite using a lot of PB one of my nuts..uh..I mean BOLTS remained stuck so I was not able to get the right rotor off. So, I compared the existing rotor with the new, and they are, to the eye, the same thickness. Guess I got new rotors last time. Then when I went to pressurize the system and flush out the old fluid I noticed a pool forming at the right rear wheel, to the inside. That would explain why the brakes have been weak for a while. I ordered some stuff for the rear brakes from Adirondack and now that I've done the front the rears shouldn't be so scary.

Anyone have tips beyond what's in the Bentley and Chilton books?

TIA Tom Seattle

Reply to
Frank Zappa

Don't roll your car into a telephone pole because of locking rear brakes. Leaking brake fluid makes for excitement one does not want at

70 mph.

Frank Zappa wrote:

Jim B.

Reply to