Changing a 92 Passat Air Filter?

Hello,

How do I change a 92 Passat CL air filter!? It is the 2.0L 16 valve engine.

There is a contraption on the top along with the air filter hose. This contraption is screwed on to the top with cables running out of it. As it sits on top, the air filter is not accessible. I think this contraption is a computer that monitors air flow.

I got an oil change at a place and they said they change air filters - they would not when they say it - claiming it could crack some wires.

I do not have the manual - it is a used car. Anyone aware of a walkthrough or pictures on how to do this? Or am I doomed to pay the high prices of a garage?

Thanks,

Tmuld.

Reply to
Tavish Muldoon

Take a picture and post it to show us what you are talking about. I have a 91 Passat GL with the 2.0 16V engine and changing the air filter is relatively easy and straightforward!

dave