Changing Air Filters on a 92 Passat

Dave,

Thanks for the help!

I cannot take a snap of the engine - no attachments allowed from Google.

The car is a 92 Passat CL from North America - I have been trying to find specs on the web - but no links to show you.

I got my mechanic to do it. It cost some bucks - but got some other work done. Found an oil leak!

Tmuld

From: snipped-for-privacy@spliced.com (Tavish Muldoon) > >I went to get my oil changed - part of that deal is inspection of the >air filter - they said they would not do it on a Passat because they >could damage some electronics? What is up with that? > >Anyhoo, I have to remove the air hose (whatever it is called, sleeve? >boot?) and there lies the filter - anything tricky about changing it? >

Nothing tricky accept for any hoses or lines that you may accidently forget to reinstall if you take them off.

BTW never force those oil change place people to do something they don't want to do! If they say they might damage something...........they probably will!

JMHO later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
Tavish Muldoon