92 Passat Rumblings

Hello,

Here we go again - problems with the 92 Passat CL.

At stops or low speeds sometimes the car rumbles or trembles. The tack does not move too much. It is an automatic - so I put it into neutral at stops - it still rumbles but less.

Accelerating it seems to stumble - almost seem like it is cutting out.

On the highway at speed it runs fine. Quite solid sounding.

Any ideas what is happening? Any other data I can post to help diagnose this?

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Tmuld.

Reply to
Tavish Muldoon

check the vacuum hoses and especially that big intake manifold boot for cracks and leaks.

dave

After a tune up - change of fuel filter, spark plugs, a loose harness, timing (was off) and CO (?) was off.

Now she is running fine. It was strange how quick it all started. Fingers crossed.

Reply to
Tavish Muldoon

thanks for the update! You probably fixed it! ;-)

dave