Checking automatic transmission fluid?

Ok I have a 2001 beetle (automatic transmission). I know it was dark out when I was looking, but I couldn't find a dip stick anywhere. Does one exist? Is there a reservoir somewhere?

Reply to
Guardenman

There is none. If it does not leak, dont touch it.

Reply to
Eduardo K.

I'm not so sure, go to

and click ontechnical, then go to automatic transmission. There is a wealth ofdiscussion about the lifetime transmissions, I changed ours at 89,000miles and it really needed it. Also, VW recommends checking it at every 40,000 for a 2.0l automatic transmission. The process for checking is somewhat easy, the process for changing it is tedious.

Reply to
Diarmud387