'96 Jetta Engine Rebuild Kits

Hello all,

This is my first post. Just bought my girlfriend a '96 jetta 2.0L and I'm planning on buying a '97 2.0L later this week. I'm looking for someplace to order a complete rebuild kit for these engines.

Any web sites I should be visiting?

Thanks,

Steven

Reply to
Busgypsy

Why do you need a rebuild?

Reply to
Lost In Space

Victoria's Secret ?

Reply to
Mike

Especially recommended, after buying 2 cars with non-working engines.

Reply to
William Park

I was going to ask that. These engines are bullet proof. They are the VW version of the I6 Jeep engine. Both my 2.0L and I6 Jeep engine have over 200K plus miles and they still run great. No smoking. The I6 does have a lazy lifter on cold start. I'd hate to change it without changing all of them including new rods and a cam.

If they are seized, you probably don't have something rebuildable once they were ran without oil or overheated. Timing belt still there?

Oh yea. Victoria's Secret is the one to visit. :-)

Reply to
Peter Parker