CIS-E questions

Well the short of the long is that I totalled my 89 golf digi 2. A couple months back I bought an 86 CIS-E Golf as a temp car for cheap. The body of the 86 isn't really in that bad shape, and now that it has the interior from my 89 it doesn't stink anymore. So I'm wondering about the difficulties of swapping the Digifant 2 fuel distribution system into the 86 with it's CIS-E. The cars are pretty much identical. I've swapped out the instrument cluster cause the 86's tach was dead and the 89's works great in there. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Andrew

Reply to
DruG

Wow, that sounds like quite the undertaking.

I was looking at the Bentley, and I guess what I would want to know is: When you swap the ECU does a lot of that wiring go to the fuse box? If it does, is the wiring harness completely different? I dont know a lot about it but most VW stuff seems to move between cars pretty easily, but the wiring at the fuse box is a pain.

I'd like to hear the big list of things that need to be moved, Here's a weak start:

Fuel pump and filter fuel lines from the pump? Do you need the air filter housing? the CIS fuel dist looks like its connected to the air intake ECU

Will

89 Jetta 8v

Reply to
Will

First off, I am not sure you will accomplish much by doing the swap. CIS-e is wonderfully robust and the performance is good. It seems to me to be a big effort for little or no gain.

Obviously the injectors have to be transplanted, the fuel rail isn't even present on the CIS-e, would be surprised if the CIS-e manifold would fit with the digifant mechanicals.

DruG wrote:

Reply to
Randolph