77 CIS compatible 86 CIS-e ?

Would the CIS fuel injection stuff from my 77 1.6l rabbit for the most part (injectors, fuel lines, Cold start injector, etc.) be compatible with the CIS-E system in my 86 1.8l Golf?

Thanks, Andrew

Reply to
DruG

Cold start injector might fit. :-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

To what end do you mean Compatible? Do you want to swap whole systems?, repair a fault in one of the other?, swap motors?, what?

Fuel Delivery unit is different, 77 didn't normally come with an O2 sensor, etc, etc.

Need more input.

TBerk

I did a quick search on ETKA and the only injector I could find for a '77 was part number 049 133 551 A which is listed for Golf from '75 through '85 (and for the Cabrio until '93, as the Cabrio remained an A1 until then).

For the A2 I found >

Reply to
Randolph

AFAIK VW installed Digifant II on the 92 Cabriolets and maybe even earlier in the US. So their injectors became electronic and are different than injectors for CIS later, dave

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I just mean taking some parts off my rabbit, which I'm scrapping and being able to use them as replacements on my 86. But it looks from all the others that this is not possible.

-Andrew

Reply to
DruG