Digifant pump on CIS ?!?

I was changing the fuel filter on my 86 golf and(long story short) it looks like it has a Digifant pump assembly. There's no accumulator and it only uses hose clamps. The 86 is definately CIS-E as the steel injection lines tell. What's the deal? It would seem to me that someone switched 'em for some reason. What are the implications of this? I've been driving the car for about a month now and it has had a few hard starting issues(holding the gas down so it revs fixes this). I changed the Cap and the Rotor and that helped for about 5 starts. Now I've changed the filter (and made my discovery) and that seems to have helped a bit to but it still seems to have a little trouble getting going while cold, it's hard starting has always only been while cold.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated,

-Andrew

Reply to
DruG

Craig Williams