City Golf/Jetta - can the radio be moved up?

I ordered a City Golf (only available here in Canada) a couple of months ago, and my built-to-order car is supposed to arrive mid-July. In the meantime, a question for anyone owning a City Golf or City Jetta: As shown in photos, the radio/CD-player is mounted just over the ventilation controls, and there is a blank flat panel above the radio. Some have said that the radio is mounted too low. So:

a) Has anyone tried to move the radio up to the blank panel position, and move the blank panel under the radio?

b) Does VW sell a storage bin or some other useful thing that could be installed in place of the blank panel?

c) Or, is the radio just fine where it is?

Reply to
WT