crunching sound from left wheel

I think I already know what this is, but a second opinion is always nice.

Within the last month or so when I turn the car to the right (usually 3/4 of a turn of the wheel) I hear a crunching sound (almost a click_crunch) from the left wheel.

  1. Is this indicative of a bad CV Joint ?

  1. I'll pull the wheel off this weekend and take a look. What should I look for ?

Thanks again,

Chris

Reply to
Chris_E

No need to take the wheel off on this one - if it's a repeating noise(has a pattern), then it's a bad CV joint.

Replace both at the same time. Drive as little on it as possible until it is fixed.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

I'm not a mind reader as to what you own?

Reply to
Lost In Space

I have a crystal ball and I think this is really "Woodchuck".

:-)

Reply to
Peter Parker

Bingo, I was coming live from a different server.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Man the lag today...

I've been having to read these messages through google.

Anyway,

Its an 89 Jetta Wolfsburg.

Sorry for the ambiguity.

Chris