drive axle 85-92 golf, jetta

just finished putting the 1.6L NA diesel and 5 sp from my 85 Golf into my 92 Jetta that had a 1.8L auto. the inner end of the axles is larger on the 92 jetta than the trans on the 85 Golf. anybody know if the 85 golf axles will fit the hubs of the 92 jetta or do i have to change ends on the shafts (85 inner joint and 92 outer joint)?

TIA doug

Reply to
doug

verndog

His is an auto tranny. Are the autos 90 and 100 mm (GTi) like the manuals?

Reply to
Darryl

Reply to
doug