Dual engine Golf in Pikes Peak

A number of years back I remember reading about someone sticking an extra engine in the back of a Golf and competing in the Pikes Peak race. I can't find any references to it on the web (don't know if its because I am dumb or lazy or both). Does anyone else remember this, and perhaps have links to more info on this?

Thanks.

Reply to
Randolph

extra engine in the back of a Golf and competing in the Pikes Peak race. I can't find any references to it on the web (don't know if its because I am dumb or lazy or both). Does anyone else remember this, and perhaps have links to more info on this?

***************** Well I have a link in my favorites (I think) to a site with several dual-engine VWs, including twin V6s - but can't find it at the moment. I'm sure a Yahoo search will locate it, though (& probably several others). On a slightly different note I'm working (slowly) on a mid-engine V8 (300 HP Chevy 283) '90 Cabriolet using Fiero running gear/suspension. Biggest holdup is the adaptor plate for the V8 (read; *cash*). I thought about leaving the original engine in the front so I could switch back & forth, but then I wouldn't be able to do wheelies.... ;^P ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Reply to
ThaDriver

I found some pictures on my hard drive which I'm fairly sure are the Pikes Peak Golf. I've uploaded them to

have also built 3 twin engined Golfs, website's being updated now but do a search for Dubsport on Google and you'll find the details.

Reply to
Homer

I've uploaded them to

also built 3 twin engined Golfs, website's being updated now but do a search for Dubsport on Google and you'll findthe details.

was the one I had saved to favorites! :-)You had some really cool machines there!Your site is temporarily down, though....~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand...

Reply to
ThaDriver

Peak Golf. I've uploaded them to

also built 3 twin engined Golfs, website's being updated now but do a search for Dubsport on Google and you'll findthe details.

was the one I had saved to favorites! :-)You had some really cool machines there!~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"