Fox SHifter bushings??

Anyone know where I can locate the rubber shifter bushings for an '89 Fox 4 speed? Have checked thru GOOGLE, and most of the listings are the same parts company which does not list them. I live in Texas, but am willing to mail order if needed. Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paul

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

I know that the dealer can order just those bushings for you to rebuild your VW Fox transmission linkage. I have done this to many Foxes and Audis. It should be under $30 or so. I think it will be 5 plastic bushings and 2 rubber covers. I know that a couple of bushings can come in different sizes, so the dealer parts guy might make a mistake, or there could be a change done on the car such as a different trans. Just a slight warning!!! I suggest you plan to change over the bushings while they are warm! ;-) IIRC Just take off the linkage, by removing two bolts, and do the replacing of the bushings in your house. But I am not sure about your outside temperature, it is 4 degrees here. 8^)

dave