Fuel filler door latch doesn't catch anymore

2001 VW Passat Wagon 4Motion, either the fuel filler door latch is broken or the switch/relay has gone bad. Fortunately, it/they stuck/broke in the open position...

I can't seem to find either part in any of the the online catalogs (perhaps because I'm calling them by the wrong name?). Does anyone know what the correct names are, and where I might find replacement parts?

Reply to
NWCT

I don't know where you live, but I suggest that in many parts of the world today, you may profit by finding a warm area in which to park you car for a few hours. A few sprays of WD-40 also many help in this case.

Does it make any noise when you hit the remote?

If you determine that it really does need replaced, the place to go is the VW dealer who will likely help you out figuring what part(s) you will need. Note: I don't know how difficult this job may be. It may be beyond the usual backyard mechanic, but I suspect it is easy.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Try your Passat service department. Such information is usually given out for free.

Reply to
Papa