Fuse help

On my 94 Jetta sort of under the expansion tank there is a plastic holder.

In this holder is a 20 amp fuse, the regular type and what appears to be a piece of lead or some other material.

On my old 85 Jetta diesel this was the main fuse for the car.

Anyway this lead type "fuse" has blown. No idea if this has anything to do with the radiator fan all of a sudden not working.

What does it do and is the dealer the only one who can sell me a new one?

Thanks.

Reply to
Dave

Yes it's for the radiator fan... and from memory it's the same as the old VW diesel glow plug fuse.

Reply to
Woodchuck