Golf A3 heater core replacement help needed.

Hi, My heater core exploded today. I took off the dashboard but the heater core is hidden by a crossmember...

Whats the trick? I think I need to push the complete heater/air unit back a couple of inches but dont know how it is fixed to the body...

Thanks.

Reply to
Eduardo K.

Did you find the nuts holding the box to the body? They are, or should be, located in the engine compartment area under some insulation flaps.

Reply to
One out of many daves

I did. Its all out now. I have now to figure out how to assemble it :)

Reply to
Eduardo K.