golf gti 2ltr 8 valve (2000)

hi, my golf has been throaty when i start it and slightly ruf when running. my friend who works for vw put it on the computer and it was ok. when we took the air filter out it was ok at first but never lasted long so i got a new filter and it was ok at first again but started playing up again.. when we looked at the airflow meter it has the wrong conection clips it has lugs on both sides but my plug part has a larger lug-clip point on the top. could it be this or have u any onther ideas? please help. many thanks

Reply to
garry9076

throaty?? air filter did not last long? Got dirty very quick or ????

mileage? When has this engine received new spark plugs and wires? YES bad electrical connections can cause running problems.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

i put spark plugs and fuel filte on aswell. we took the air filter out and it started and ran well so i went and got a new filter and tried that, it started and ran well for a couple of hours then played up again.. throaty(when i start the car it wont catch the revs and rev up or if i move of the car holds back and then takes off ?

Reply to
garry9076

Sure sounds like it, due to the fact that your complaining about load related performance problems. Wire in the appropriate connector.

Reply to
Madesio