2002 jetta fuel pump

I have a 2002 jetta and my car has been stalling on turns and has some lag. I am most positive that it is the fuel pump, however, my car also shifts kinda hard. I don't think it is the tranny just not engaging but

I have to eliminate all possibilites. I have run it down until I ran out of gas asI am a college student with no money sometimes. I can fix it myself, I just need to know if this is what you think it is also, and if so, where it is in car and how to repair. Website link is fine. PLEASE HELP!

Reply to
2002 jetta fuel pump

Along with your other issues posted , I suspect you have a poor earth connection somewhere on the vehicle....

Reply to
Avanti

No kidding right. It is not as bad as it sounds, but I am concerned with cost.

Reply to
2002 jetta fuel pump

Don't drive with emty tank then. It is the most reliable way to kill the fuel pump. Even short periods without fuel (for example, if fuel is low and splashing around in tank) do a lot of harm to the fuel pump.

Reply to
draugaz

what i the easiest way to get to fuel pump.

Reply to
2002 jetta fuel pump

I think there are two fuel pumps. One is at the tank.

Before continuing, I would suggest you check further symptoms.

I guess you run fine at highway speeds. Do you have fewer low-speed problems when the tank is full?

Reply to
Tom's VR6

well what happens is when the car downshifts when coming to a stop, the rpms fall under 500 to about 300, then kicks back up to idle. So as you turn, the rpms's go down and thus is stalls.

Reply to
2002 jetta fuel pump

I don't know why you would associate that symptom with a fuel pump, but I am eager to see if anybody has a different view.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

Like I originally said, It could be tranny, but with other research done on internet, it sounded like fuel pump.

Reply to
2002 jetta fuel pump

What research would associate your symptom (stalling as you slow) with a fuel pump or a transmission?

Downshifting by a transmission should not induce a stall.

I am not saying your problem is not a fuel pump, but I would be eager to read such data if you have that link.

Reply to
Tom's VR6

Lemme see if I can find where I was. I have a 1.8 turbo if that helps.

Reply to
2002 jetta fuel pump